- Facebook Parent Meta Not in Contemptam 9. Dezember 2023 um 10:36
[DW] A Kenyan judge has ruled that Meta is not in contempt of court for failing to pay dozens of Facebook content moderators, who had been laid off by a contractor.
- Kenya At 60 – The Shameful Truth About British Colonial Abuse and How It Was Covered Upam 9. Dezember 2023 um 10:30
[The Conversation Africa] It is fairly well known that the lives of hundreds of thousands of Kenyans were affected by terrible acts of violence under the British colonial administration. The British government and King Charles have acknowledged it, and some victims of violence have taken the British government to court for these crimes.
- Humiliation and Violence in Kenya’s Colonial Days – When Old Men Were Called ‚Boy‘ and Africans Were Publicly Beatenam 9. Dezember 2023 um 10:29
[The Conversation Africa] When King Charles visited Kenya in November 2023, many Kenyans renewed their demands for an official apology for atrocities committed by the British government during the colonial era. The widespread human rights abuses during the Mau Mau rebellion are the best-known of these atrocities. Yet we should not forget more mundane, everyday acts of domination.
- 12 EdTech Startups Land Sh183 Million Boost to Improve Learning Outcomes in Ihub, Mastercard Foundation Dealam 8. Dezember 2023 um 20:20
[Capital FM] Nairobi — Nairobi-based business incubator, iHub Kenya, has entered into a deal with Mastercard Foundation, a private Canada-based charity, to help startups grow and expand their offering in digital learning solutions.
- President Ruto Assures MPs NG-CDF Funds to Be Released Before Januaryam 8. Dezember 2023 um 20:20
[Capital FM] Nairobi — President William Ruto has assured Members of parliament that NG-CDF funds will be released before the schools reopen in January.
- Ex-Govt Officials Among Those Vying for 4 Minority Shareholder Board Seats at KPLCam 8. Dezember 2023 um 20:20
[Capital FM] Nairobi — Former top government officials are among those vying for four slots reserved for minority shareholders on Kenya Power’s Board of Directors.
- Meta Introduces New Safety Tools for Kenyan Familiesam 8. Dezember 2023 um 20:20
[Capital FM] Nairobi — Meta yesterday unveiled a Family Centre with Supervision Tools and Education Hub in Kenya to support safer and more positive experiences for families.
- We Are Revamping NYS to Be an Incubator for Drivers of the Plan, President Ruto Saysam 8. Dezember 2023 um 20:20
[Capital FM] Gilgil — The government is re-engineering the National Youth Service to enhance its capacity and productivity.
- Kenyans to Have Access to All National Parks During Jamhuri Day, CS Mutua Saysam 8. Dezember 2023 um 20:20
[Capital FM] Nairobi — The government has announced free entry for all Kenyan citizens to all national parks and museums on Jamhuri Day, next week Tuesday.
- CS Kuria Says First Batch of 40 NYS Recruits Deployed to the UKam 8. Dezember 2023 um 20:20
[Capital FM] Gilgil — Public Service Cabinet Secretary Moses Kuria says the the first batch of 40 National Youth Service personnel have already been deployed by the government to the United Kingdom.